Please be aware that eBooks purchased from BearGrylls.com are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management) at the publisher's request. The urllink.acsm file is not the eBook, but the licence which allows you to download the eBook.
To open your purchase, you will need an Adobe ID and a DRM eBook reader application called Adobe Digital Editions, NOT Adobe Reader.
To open your eBook, please take the following steps:
- Ensure that you have created an Adobe ID on the Adobe website, if you do not have one, please press the following link: Adobe ID and on the top-right corner, press “Sign In” and then “Get an Adobe ID”. Fill in your details and then verify your Adobe ID by checking your email confirmation.
- Download and install Adobe Digital Editions onto your device and authorise it with your Adobe ID before downloading the eBook.
- Once Adobe Digital Editions is installed, click on the eBook download link which should have been emailed to you. Depending on which web browser you use, you may be given the option to either 'Save file' or 'Open file with...'.
- Choose 'Open with...' Adobe Digital Editions (default) then ADE should download your eBook and display it ready for reading. Some web browsers, such as Google Chrome and Opera do not give you the option (by default) to 'Open file with...', instead, it automatically saves the file.
- You can then open Adobe Digital Editions and either drag and drop the ACSM file in or go to File > Add to Library.
If you are using a tablet/iPad device or a smartphone, you may download any of the following DRM eBook reader apps:
Please remember to authorise any of these readers with your Adobe ID and password.
Note: eBooks purchased from BearGrylls.com may be viewed on to up to six devices, but all must be authorised with the same Adobe ID.