The terms "Bear Grylls", "BGV", "us", "our" or "we" refers to BGV Global Limited, a company registered in England and Wales, the owner of this Site. The term "you" refers to you, as a User of our Site.
1. The Site
- Eligibility. To access or use the Site, you must be 16 years or older and have the power and authority to enter into these Terms. If you are 16 or older, but under the age of 18, or the legal age of majority where you reside if that jurisdiction has an older age of majority, then you agree to review these terms with your parent or guardian to make sure that the both you and your parent or guardian understand and agree to these Terms. You agree to have your parent or guardian review and accept these terms on your behalf. If you are a parent or guardian agreeing to these Terms for the benefit of a child over 16, then you agree to agree to and accept full responsibility for that child's use the Site, including all financial charges and legal liability that he or she may incur.
- Permission to Use the Site. We grant you permission to use the Site subject to the restrictions in these Terms. Your use of the Site is at your own risk.
- Site Availability. The Site may be modified, updated, interrupted, suspended or discontinued at any time without notice or liability.
2. General Terms
- Responsibility for Your User Account. You must create an account and provide certain information about yourself in order to use some of the features that are offered through the Site. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use of your account. We reserve the right to close your account at any time for any or no reason.
- Using Your Account. You may only use your account for personal, non-commercial purposes. In creating an account, we ask that you provide complete and accurate information. You may not impersonate someone else (e.g., adopt the identity of a celebrity or a friend), create or use an account for anyone other than yourself, provide an email address other than your own, or create multiple accounts. If you use a pseudonym, take care to note that others may still be able to identify you if, for example, you include identifying information, use the same account information on other sites, or allow other sites to share information about you with BGV.
- Your Information Is Accurate. You represent and warrant to us that any information you provide to BGV, including any contact information, is accurate and that you will keep it accurate and up to date. If you do not wish to input certain information due to personal concerns, then please omit this information when you register for and use the Site.
- Communications from BGV. By creating an account, you agree to receive communications we send in connection with the Site. For example, you may receive occasional updates about special promotions and events. Such communications may be sent by email, text message, social media messaging, browser notifications, postal mail or other means. So long as you have an account on the Site, we reserve the right to communicate with you about important administrative issues relating to your account (including technical, security-related, privacy and functional issues).
- Mobile Phone Use. You are responsible for all fees charged by third parties to access and use the Site (e.g., charges by telephone service providers ("Carrier"), etc.). Without limiting the foregoing, you are solely responsible for the payment of all applicable fees associated with any Carrier service plan you use in connection with your use of the Site (such as data, SMS, MMS, roaming, and other applicable fees charged by the Carrier). Accordingly, you should use care in selecting a service plan offered by your Carrier.
- General. "Content" means text, images, photos, audio, video, location data, and all other forms of data or communication. "Your Content" means Content that you submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site, such as ratings, reviews, compliments, invitations, check-ins, messages, and information that you publicly display or displayed in your account profile. "User Content" means Content that users submit or transmit to, through, or in connection with the Site. "BGV Content" means Content that we create and make available in connection with the Site. "Third Party Content" means Content that originates from parties other than BGV or Users, which is made available in connection with the Site. "Site Content" means all of the Content that is made available in connection with the Site, including Your Content, User Content, Third-Party Content, and BGV Content.
- BGV Content. We own the BGV Content, including but not limited to visual interfaces, interactive features, graphics, design, compilation, including, but not limited to, our compilation of User Content and other Site Content, computer code, products, software, aggregate user review ratings, and all other elements and components of the Site excluding Your Content, User Content and Third-Party Content. We also own the copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and other intellectual and proprietary rights throughout the world associated with the BGV Content and the Site, which are protected by copyright, trade dress, patent, trademark laws and all other applicable intellectual and proprietary rights and laws. As such, you may not modify, alter, copy, duplicate, reproduce, distribute, publish, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display or in any way exploit any of the BGV Content in whole or in part except as expressly authorised by us.
- Trademarks. "Bear Grylls", the "BG" logo and all other names, logos, and icons identifying BGV and its programs, products, and services, including any logos, page headers, icons, designs, or trade dress and whether not appearing in large print or with an accompanying symbol, are proprietary trademarks of BGV and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution, or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks and/or service marks of their respective owners. Any use of such marks without the express written permission of BGV is strictly prohibited, and nothing stated or implied on the Site confers on you any license or right under any trademark of BGV or any third party.
4. Billing and Payment
- Pricing. All prices are shown in GBP (except where otherwise noted); taxes, shipping and handling charges are additional. All items are subject to availability and we reserve the right to impose quantity limits on any order, to reject all or part of an order and to discontinue products or services without notice, even if you have already placed your order. All prices are subject to change without notice and you agree that taxes may be adjusted from the amount shown on the billing screens. Several factors may cause this, such as variances between processor programs and changes in tax rates.
- Taxation. You will be solely responsible to pay any and all sales, use, value-added and other taxes, duties, and assessments (except taxes on our net income) now or hereafter claimed or imposed by any governmental authority (collectively, "Taxes") associated with your use of the Site (including, without limitation, any Taxes that may become payable as the result of your financial transactions on the Site.
- Errors. We attempt to be as accurate as possible and eliminate errors on the Site; however, we do not warrant that any product, service, description, photograph, pricing or other information is accurate, complete, reliable, current or error-free. In the event of an error, whether on the Site, in an order confirmation, in processing an order, delivering a product or service or otherwise, we reserve the right to correct such error and revise your order accordingly if necessary (including charging the correct price) or to cancel the order and refund any amount charged. Your sole remedy in the event of such error is to cancel your order and obtain a refund.
- Payment. Only valid credit cards or other payment method acceptable to us may be used and all refunds will be credited to the same card or, in our discretion, other method. By submitting your order, you represent and warrant that you are authorised to use the designated card or method and authorise us to charge your order (including taxes, shipping, handling and any other amounts described on the Sites) to that card or other method. If the card (or other method) cannot be verified, is invalid, or is not otherwise acceptable, your order may be suspended or cancelled automatically. Regarding your account, you agree to keep all payment cards or other payment method information current and that we may submit charges for processing even if the card (or other method) has expired or changed by the time we submit it. You must resolve any problem we encounter in order to proceed with your order.
- Prohibited Activities. You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable others to:
- Reverse engineer any portion of the Site;
- Attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Site, user accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site through hacking, password mining or any other means;
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site, or otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site;
- Use the Site to violate the security of any computer network, crack passwords or security encryption codes; disrupt or interfere with the security of, or otherwise cause harm to, the Site or Site Content; or
- Remove, circumvent, disable, damage or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Site, features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of Site Content, or features that enforce limitations on the use of the Site.
- Termination of Use; Discontinuation and Modification of the Service. We may terminate your user account on the Site or suspend or terminate your access to the Site at any time, with or without notice, if you violate any of these Terms, as determined in our sole discretion. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Site at any time (including, without limitation, by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Site) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Site or any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Site. Upon termination of your access to or use of the Site, you will lose all accumulated points and future rewards.
By sending us any ideas, suggestions, documents or proposals ("Feedback"), you agree that (i) your Feedback does not contain the confidential or proprietary information of third parties, (ii) we are under no obligation of confidentiality, express or implied, with respect to the Feedback, (iii) we may have something similar to the Feedback already under consideration or in development, and (iv) you grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide license to use, modify, prepare derivative works, publish, distribute and sublicense the Feedback, and you irrevocably waive, and cause to be waived, against BGV and its users any claims and assertions of any moral rights contained in such Feedback.
7. Third Parties
- Linked Sites. The Site may include links or access to other web sites or services ("Linked Sites") solely as a convenience to users. BGV does not endorse any such Linked Sites or the information, material, products, or services contained on other linked sites or accessible through other Linked Sites. Furthermore, BGV makes no express or implied warranties with regard to the information, material, products, or services that are contained on or accessible through linked sites. ACCESS AND USE OF LINKED SITES, INCLUDING THE INFORMATION, MATERIAL, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES ON LINKED SITES OR AVAILABLE THROUGH LINKED SITES, IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
- Your Dealings with Advertisers. Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through the Site are solely between you and such advertiser. YOU AGREE THAT BGV WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY SORT INCURRED AS THE RESULT OF ANY SUCH DEALINGS OR AS THE RESULT OF THE PRESENCE OF SUCH ADVERTISERS ON THE SITE, INCLUDING ADVERTISERS WHO ARE REVIEWED OR OTHERWISE FEATURED ON THIS SITE.
8. Electronic Signatures and Agreements
9. Warranty Disclaimer
- NO WARRANTY. THE SITE IS MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU ON AN "AS IS", "WITH ALL FAULTS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. AS SUCH, YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK. BGV MAKES NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES ABOUT THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR RELIABILITY OF THE SITE, ITS SAFETY OR SECURITY, OR THE SITE CONTENT. ACCORDINGLY, BGV IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE, FOR EXAMPLE, FROM THE SITE'S INOPERABILITY, UNAVAILABILITY OR SECURITY VULNERABILITIES.
- Third Parties. BGV IS NOT AN AGENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDER. BGV MAKES NO CLAIMS OR PROMISES WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD PARTY, INCLUDING OUR INFORMATION SHARING PARTNERS OR ANY BUSINESSES OR ADVERTISER LISTED ON THE SITE. ACCORDINGLY, BGV IS NOT LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM THE ACTIONS OR OMISSIONS OF SUCH THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING, FOR EXAMPLE, IF ANOTHER USER OR BUSINESS MISUSES YOUR CONTENT, IDENTITY OR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. BGV EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE PROVIDED TO YOU BY A REPRESENTATIVE OF BGV SHALL CREATE A REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, BGV DOES NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS (I) THAT THE SITE AND ANY DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE, CONTENT, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SITE AND ANY DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE, CONTENT, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THEM AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR (II) REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE AND ANY DOWNLOADABLE SOFTWARE, CONTENT, SERVICES, OR APPLICATIONS MADE AVAILABLE IN CONJUNCTION WITH OR THROUGH THE SITE IN TERMS OF CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE. ANY MATERIAL OR DATA THAT YOU DOWNLOAD OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN THROUGH THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA RESULTING FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL OR DATA.
- Remedy. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE RIGHT AND REMEDY IN CASE OF DISSATISFACTION WITH THE SITE, RELATED SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER GRIEVANCE SHALL BE YOUR TERMINATION AND DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, OR USE OF THE SITE.
- Disclaimer. BGV DISCLAIMS LIABILITY FOR ANY (i) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, RELIANCE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, (ii) LOSS OF PROFITS, (iii) BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, (iv) REPUTATIONAL HARM, OR (v) LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA.
10. Limitation of Liability
- No Liability. Neither BGV nor any of its officers, directors, employees, partners, agents, affiliates or licensors shall be liable to you or any other person for any damages whatsoever, including any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or relating to your use of our Site or Content. If applicable law does not permit exclusion of all damages, then your direct damages arising out of or relating to your use of our Site or Content shall be limited to $100.
- Enforceability. If any of the foregoing limits are not enforceable under applicable law, then they shall be construed to provide such limits to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
You agree to indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, partners, agents, affiliates and licensors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorneys' fees ("Claims"), that arise from your breach of these Terms or your use or misuse of our Site or BGV Content. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to your indemnification, in which event you will cooperate with us in asserting any available defences.
- Losing Rights to the Site. We may close your account, suspend your ability to use certain portions of the Site, and/or ban you altogether from the Site for any or no reason, and without notice or liability of any kind. Any such action could prevent you from accessing your account, the Site, or any other related information.
- Terms Continue After Termination. In the event of any termination of these Terms, whether by you or us, these Terms will continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law. Subject to and without waiver of the arbitration provisions in Section 13.2, you irrevocably agree that the English courts in London, England will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute, but BGV is entitled to apply to any court worldwide for injunctive or other remedies in order to protect or enforce their respective Intellectual Property Rights and/or Confidential Information.
- Arbitration. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this contract, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, will be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under rules of the London Court of International Arbitration (the "LCIA"), which are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this clause. The number of arbitrators shall be one. The seat, or legal place, of arbitration will be London, England. The language to be used in the arbitral proceedings will be English. The governing law of the contract shall be the substantive law of England. Any reference under this Section 13.2 will be deemed to be a reference to arbitration within the meaning of the Arbitration Act 1996. The arbitrator's decision will be final and binding on the parties and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. If any provision of this arbitration agreement is found unenforceable, the unenforceable provision will be severed and the remaining arbitration terms will be enforced.
- Limitations of Actions. Any Claim must be brought within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose, regardless of any statute or law to the contrary. In the event any such claim or cause of action is not filed within such one (1) year period, such Claim shall be forever barred.
In cooperation with Klarna Bank AB (publ), Sveavägen 46, 111 34 Stockholm, Sweden, we offer you the following payment options. Payment is to be made to Klarna:
- Pay in 3
- Pay Later
Further information and Klarna's user terms you can find here. General information on Klarna can be found here. Your personal data is handled in accordance with applicable data protection law and in accordance with the information in Klarna's privacy statement.
- Modification of Terms. These terms may be modified by BGV from time to time in its sole discretion, and, if you have a registered account, you will be notified of any material modifications upon your subsequent login to the Site.
- Continuity of Site. We reserve the right to modify, update, or discontinue the Site at our sole discretion, at any time, for any or no reason, and without notice or liability.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms contain the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Site, and supersede any prior agreement between you and us on such subject matter. The parties acknowledge that no reliance is placed on any representation made but not expressly contained in these Terms.
- Waiver. Any failure on BGV's part to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The failure of either party to exercise in any respect any right provided for herein shall not be deemed a waiver of any further rights hereunder.
- Severability of Terms. If any provision of the Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid, then only that provision shall be modified to reflect the parties' intention or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms shall otherwise remain in full force and effect and enforceable.
- Assignment. The Terms, and any rights or obligations hereunder, are not assignable, transferable or sublicensable by you except with BGV's prior written consent, but may be assigned or transferred by us without restriction. Any attempted assignment by you shall violate these Terms and be void.
- Headings. The section titles in the Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 ("DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that any material residing on or linked to from the Site infringes your copyright, please send (or have your agent send) to Company's Copyright Agent (as defined below) a notification of claimed infringement with all of the following information: (a) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works; (b) identification of the claimed infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Site (such as the URL(s) of the claimed infringing material); (c) information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an e-mail address; (d) a statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, the copyright owner's agent or the law; (e) a statement by you that the above information in your notification is accurate and a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that you are the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed or are authorised to act on such owner's behalf; and (f) your physical or electronic signature. Company's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can be reached as follows:
BGV Global Limited Legal Department
38 Berkeley Square
London, United Kingdom, W1J 5AE
Company's Copyright Agent for notification of claimed infringement can also be reached electronically at: email@example.com Company reserves the right to terminate infringers' and suspected infringers' accounts or their access to or use of the Site.
- Notice for California Residents. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to the following consumer rights notice: If you have a question or complaint regarding the Site, please contact us using the information we've provided below. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by mail at 1625 North Market Blvd., Sacramento, CA 95834, or by telephone at (916) 445–1254 or (800) 952–5210.
- Notices. Except as explicitly stated otherwise, legal notices will be served, with respect to BGV, and, with respect to you, to the email address you provide to BGV during the registration process. Notice will be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you legal notice by mail to the address provided during the registration process. In such case, notice will be deemed given three days after the date of mailing. Notices to BGV concerning these Terms should be sent to:
BGV Global Limited Legal Department
38 Berkeley Square
London, United Kingdom, W1J 5AE