2. Information We Collect
We collect and store information from or about you:
- when you directly provide it to us. This happens when you:
- register for our email list (e.g., your name, email address and country of residence);
- contact us by telephone or in writing, such as to request assistance from our customer support team (e.g., your phone number);
- complete contact forms, request newsletters or other information, or participate in contests and surveys;
- make public contributions to the Site (e.g., when you interact with third parties through the Site or post a review); or
- otherwise participate in activities we promote that require information about you.
- automatically, when you use and interact with the Site. Automatically collected information includes:
- your general activity on the Site (e.g., your viewing history and search activity, including the date and time the Site was used);
- identifiers such as an anonymised session identifier;
- your geographic location. We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalised content). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device's settings;
- website traffic volume, frequency of visits, and type and time of transactions you initiate through the Site;
- information regarding your interaction with email messages (e.g., whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded an email message);
- your Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the type and settings of the device, operating system, and browser used to access the Site;
- websites you visit before and after using the Sites; and
- From other sources. We may also receive information about you through:
- Service Providers. We may also receive information about you from our service providers and business partners, including companies that assist with payment processing, analytics, data processing and management (e.g. to measure ad quality and responses to ads, and to display ads that are more likely to be relevant to you) account management, hosting, customer and technical support, and other services which we use to personalise your Site experience.
3. How We Use Your Information.
We use information about you for several general purposes, including to:
- operate, maintain, and optimise the Site and your account;
- improve the quality and types of services that we deliver;
- diagnose problems with and identify any security risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Site;
- respond to questions, comments or other requests and provide you with technical support;
- support the tracking and recovery of your BGV and/or other products;
- contact you for feedback or conduct research about BGV's customer base or Site;
- to provide you with information regarding our products and services;
- process payments and provide you with the services you've paid for or requested;
- notify you of technical updates or changes in policy;
- process contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions and fulfil any related awards or discounts;
- understand and analyse how you use our Sites and what products and services are most relevant to you. We may provide you with these materials via online social platforms, websites, phone, text/SMS, postal mail, facsimile, or email, as permitted by applicable law;
- collect aggregate statistics about use of the Site
- analyse and develop our marketing strategy; and
Text Marketing and notifications
4. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- We use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements on our behalf. These companies may use a cookie or an action tag to tailor the advertisements you see on this website and other sites, to track your response to their advertisement, to determine whether advertising has been served and to measure the effectiveness of their advertising.
- We use third-party analytics service providers to assist us in collecting and understanding website usage information. We use information from these services to help us improve our website and the services we provide to our users.
- By using the Site, you agree to our use of these tracking technologies.
We may share information about you with the following third parties:
- Service providers: We share your personal data as necessary for any third party to provide services associated with the Site, including to provide measurement and analytic services. These third parties (and any subcontractors) are subject to strict data processing terms and conditions and are prohibited from utilising, sharing or retaining your personal data for any purpose other than as they have been specifically contracted for (or without your consent).
- Advertisers: We allow advertisers and associated third parties to collect and use information they need to confirm that their ads are properly served and to measure the success of their campaigns on websites and apps. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements to you when you visit non-BGV related websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as "interest-based advertising" or "online behavioural advertising". If you prefer that we do not share your personal data with third-party advertising partners, you may opt-out of such sharing at no cost by following the instructions in Section 10 below.
- Business Partners and Affiliates. We may disclose your personal data to our business partners and affiliates with whom we have contracted to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you. For example, your personal information may be shared with business partners with whom we jointly offer products and services. We require our business partners and affiliates to agree in writing to maintain the confidentiality and security of the personal data they obtain on our behalf.
- Other users: information in reviews you post will be accessible by other users of the Site.
- Corporate Affiliates: We may share information with our corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries.
- Others With Your Consent: We may ask for your explicit consent to share certain information with third parties.
We may also share information about you in the following contexts:
- Pursuant to an investigation: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site; or (c) protects our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
6. Social Media Features and Widgets.
7. "Do Not Track" Signals
Please note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a "Do Not Track" signal to websites and online services you visit. The Site does not alter its practices when it receives a "Do Not Track" from a visitor's browser.
8. Controlling Your Personal Data
- In order to process your personal data, we rely on your consent or our legitimate interests to process your data. You may withdraw your consent or object to the use of our personal data at any time, but you may no longer be able to access the Site.
- Please note that the Site may contain links to unaffiliated third-party sites. We suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third-party services.
- You can adjust your privacy settings by contacting us. If you receive a marketing email from us, you can unsubscribe from such emails at any time by following the instructions provided within those emails.
- To control cookies, you can modify your settings in most web browsers to accept or deny cookies or to request your permission each time a site attempts to set a cookie. You can also manually delete previously stored cookies at any time. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, application users may opt out of certain mobile ads via their device settings.
- The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data partners and our other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, or www.youronlinechoices.eu and www.aboutads.info/choices/.
- Please note that if you choose to block cookies, doing so may impair the Site or prevent certain elements of it from functioning.
9. Data Retention and Account Termination
You can update or correct personal information (e.g., your email address) by accessing your account. You can also access or rectify your information by reaching out to us at email@example.com. You can delete your information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your first name, last name, and the respective email addresses you would like for us to delete.
We may maintain Anonymised Data after you delete your account for analytics purposes.
The Site is not directed to children under 16 and children under 16 are not permitted to use the Site. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal data without parental consent, please contact us (see "Contact Information"). If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal data without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the applicable account.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect information about you, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
12. Location of Data and Transfers of Information.
13. EEA Users.
BGV endeavours to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). BGV may act, depending on the circumstances, as either or both a Controller and a Processor of personal data (as these terms are defined in the GDPR). We act as the Controller of information that we ask you to provide to register your email address/create an account and information that we automatically collect when you use the Site. We act as the Processor of user-generated content and information provided to us by third parties or other websites.
EEA users have the right to request access to personal data, as well as to seek to update, delete or correct their personal data. You can usually do this using the settings and tools provided in your Sites account. If you cannot use the settings and tools, contact us for additional access and assistance.
15. Contact Information.
If you have any further questions regarding our privacy practices or information about you, please feel free to contact us by email at the following address: email@example.com
16. Data Protection Officer
BGV also has a "Data Protection Officer" who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. This Data Protection Officer can be reached at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.