30 Minute Lean Chilli
Super quick and easy comfort food with a kick! This wholesome hearty meal is great with rice, quinoa or as a stew with a hunk of crusty bread. Even better with home-made guacamole dolloped on top!
For your Chilli you'll need:
- 800g beef mince
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 chillies, very finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons Worcester sauce
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 heaped teaspoon cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 400g tin kidney beans
Heat the olive oil up in a large frying pan and fry the onion, garlic and chilli for a few minutes.
Next, add the mince and pepper. Keep it cooking until the mince is no longer pink and stir to break up any chunks.
Add all the spices, herbs, Worcester sauce, cacao powder and tomato paste and simmer for a few minutes.
Next up is the chopped tomatoes, salt and kidney beans.
Simmer for another 5-10 minutes and then you're ready to serve up!
FUEL FOR LIFE
This recipe is an excerpt from Bear's book "Fuel For Life," packed with comprehensive advice on ingredients, Bear's book dispels many common nutritional myths and includes over 70 simple, mouth-watering recipes.
View Details »
Next Post Previous Post